Introducing Mr Colagrossi

As you may be aware, Mrs. Balestrin has temporarily left Tranmere to pursue other exciting education opportunities.

As of Week 5 this term, we have been lucky enough to have Mr. Colagrossi teaching in our class for 1 day a week.

Here are some questions we have asked him about teaching and life.

What do you like about teaching?

I like the learning aspect of teaching, building general knowledge and working with kids. Kids are honest, funny and fun to be around.

What is appealing about temporary relief teaching?

You get to teach in different situations and classes. You get to know all the kids rather than just one class. Everyday is fun because you build relationships with kids from reception to Year 7.

I am also a musician which takes up a lot of time, playing from Thursday through to Sunday and teaching gives me the balance and flexibility to choose days that I can work if I am particularly busy with music.

What’s your connection with St Joseph’s Tranmere?

I have a good connection with staff and parents and the wider community thanks to my guitar teaching. Whilst at Uni, I taught guitar part time at St Joseph’s and later full-time when I finished my course.

When I was younger I got to know a number of staff members through my dad who has taught at Tranmere for a number of years.

If you could give kids one thing that they would hold onto what would it be?

Never give up – keep learning and having a go. You’ll get there in the end if you keep at it.